Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Memories of Road trip 1.

Road trip is fun..!
Speically if you can find right food for you..
yah..my first road trip was with Alex in USA when we moved to Sacramento from WA.
Yes.. I imagined.. road trip like in Korea..
Specially about food
What was I thinking..?
I've lived in USA about 5 years!!

I imagined eating delicious street food(food stand), all sort of food I can eat
when we stop by rest area.
I imagined at least local food when we get to the new place..
but ONLY I CAN SEE WAS Macdonald, burgerking, Dennis...

Noodles/Udon/Kimbab etc..are very popular food in rest area in Korea.
When we stopped by rest area with Alex...
THEY ONLY HAD RESTROOM! lol
I was seriously looking for some food there.


one of the Rest area in Korea..
you can see it's huge and has many restaurants.


I maybe bugged Alex that I want to eat rice..
FEW HOURS LATER I started to cry for some delicious Asian food lol
We stopped at the mall and had disgusting chinese food at food court there..
When I live here longer and longer..
I realized where I've grown up..what I've eaten past 25 years of my life
YAH
I love every food..
but some point...you miss your food what you've grown up with.
I was sick of bread..burgers..pops..snacks..
I just want to have rice..warm steamy rice with kimchi.
AND OUR ROAD TRIP got new crisis..
SNOW..
SNOW..
AND stayed uniquic motel for few hours..

TO BE CONTINUE..




1 comment:

Kate said...

I remember this story from last year! :) I am hoping that your road trip this week is a better experience for all three of you! You deserve good roads, a well behaved truck, a happy baby, and fun talks for the road! Hope thats what you have.