Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Eat! Eat! Eat!


I had an appointment today with a Doctor to check up, Doctor told me;

DOC: You haven't gained any weights past few weeks. Only gained 10pounds so far.

ME: I don't know why, I eat normal, 3 meals and I even eat snacks between every 3 meals. I even had lots of chocolates, cakes and cookies.

DOC: Um... Try to eat more... Normaly people gain weight about 25 pounds..but you've only gained 10 pounds. Try to gain 12 pounds more.

ME: Wow! That much???

DOC: Yes..so EAT EAT EAT! OKAY??? FOR BABY!!! OKAY???

Okay... but I don't know how should I do?? I eat 3 meals perfectly with Snacks.I love fruits so my snacks between meals usually fruits and I drink lots of milk. Since Alex bought lots of cookies, chocolates, cheese cakes for Halloween(Kind of his excues for buying sweets), I even had more snacks past few weeks. And our boy is very healthy~! Maybe I don't eat a lot like when I eat Korean food?? I just can't overeat because my belly gets really tight when I eat too much.. and I get stomache too. So I eat right amount of food with lots of fruits and Milk. I think I am fine. I still have 4~5 weeks. So maybe I have chance to gain more weight!

My eating .. normally - this is my eating mostly everyday. When Alex and I like to eat out, we like to have Subway Sandwich or Japanese food.

Breakfast (4:35am with Alex): Crereal (Alex loves Special K, and I love Cheerios), Banana or toast or Natto with Rice with Japanese miso soup - One of them.

And go back to sleep again ^^;(but past few days I am trying not to go back to sleep)

Lunch(11am ~ 1pm): I eat something with Rice, or Seafood Spaggetti, or Fried rice or noodles

Yoga(DVD) for 30 min; around 2 to 2:30pm before Alex comes home from Work. (If I did mornign walk that day for 40min~one hour, I don't to yoga after Lunch because I think walking 30~40 min / twice a day (mor&night) is enough so skip yoga.)

Snack: Yogurt (I love Dan Active), Fruits, or Chocolate chip cookies (few bites because it's too sweet I can't finish whole) with one glass of milk.

Dinner(6pm on time): Something with Rice.. I cook.

And....

Night walk....Around 30 min. It depends on Alex..(Alex thinks Walking is boring haha)

Streching / short yoga before going to bed.

If I am hungry at night I love to eat baby tomatos!! So delicious! or Banana

I can't fine any thing wrong with my meals so let's see!

1 comment:

Serena said...

It sounds to me like you're eating enough. Maybe try to eat carbs, like bread or pasta instead of always rice. 10 pounds so far isn't a lot - but that doesn't mean your baby isn't healthy. They tend to be healthier with the normal range weight from what I've read. But as long as you're not trying to lose weight or trying to not gain any weight at all, you should be fine. But doctors know better than me. So maybe try to eat carbs too - cause it sounds like you're eating a lot of fruits and dairy things, but not a lot of breads/grains. Some people just don't gain a lot of weight, but as long as you're eating healthy foods and good amounts, I don't think you should stress too much.