Friday, November 7, 2008

11 Things I didn't understand in USA.

I have been living in USA almost 4 years! I can' t believe! Something I like and Something makes me hard to understand! (but now I understand ^^or trying to understand!) I faced many cultural differences everyday when I just got USA and for 6 months after that.

1. Bathroom - there is no hole on the floor to water out so hard to clean up bathroom without very strong chemical bathroom cleaner. I usually cleanep up bathroom with soap after shower in Korea and turned on the fan to dry So actually I didn't need to make a time to "clean up bathroom day" and using harsh chemicals. Soap works great! No harsh chemicals!!

2. Put shoes in the closet. (with clothes) - I still don't like this idea...feel very smelly and dirty that you put your shoes with clothes! ^^

3. Carpet! - I still don't want to have a carpet in my house. So Alex and I are going to find the house with Wooden floor. We will put Cute fancy Rug around the couch and infront of bed.
I can't stop thinking about germs and dust in the carpet... ^^: Can't trust Vaccum~ -.-;;;

4. Slow internet ..... (USA IS BIG!^^)

5. People keep saying "Excuse me!" - I didn't know there is a personal space between people...When I stood right next that person, they said "Excuse me" and walked few steps away.
I hated "Excuse me" for a while becuase I didn't know Why people kept saying "Excuse me" to me!! One day I was in the department store and I was just walking and window shopping. I went to some stores to look and I found something so I stood right next one woman and was looking at same stuff wih her.. and right away the woman said " Excuse me!" and I didn't know she was talking to me. ^.^;;

6. Not so many people on the street! *.* - I missed people on the street first 6 months in USA.
I didn't know People have to have a car to go everywhere... -.-;; In my travel guide book says "Seattle has best public transportation next to New York!" I believed it so I didn't save up the money for buying a car~!

7. People(casher) in the store recommand something which is not free.
When I paid after I picked something in the store, usually cashers recommand something on the counter. I thought It's free so I didn't need to pay, so I usually said "yes!" and later when I checked recipt It made me so mad! Why they recommand something without telling a price?? and which isn't free?? In Korea, when casher recommand something without tellin a price is usually free gift~! If customers need to pay(buy), cashers tells customers about the price or advantages if they buy. Now when cashers recommand something I always ask " is that free?" 99.9% of their answers is No and looking at me "Are you crazy?" HAHA

8. Everything is So So big!! *^^* -

9. Salty Or Sweet! - it's about food and snacks! A lot of things for me is way to sweet! many foods either Salty or sweet! HAHA *****

10. Fat people driving wheelchair..because they are so heavy and fat so they can't walk!!!
I saw a woman driving wheelchair and eating snacks.... -.-;

11. Putting a sugar in the Tea... -.-;;; even green tea...!! 0.0

1 comment:

Kari said...

Haha! So hilarious! I love the part about the fat people in wheelchairs ;)