Tuesday, March 16, 2010

My 1 year b-day party

This is the one Korean traditional 1 year baby birthday party.
It is a very big deal in Korea.
My mom said I picked the pencil so she thought I will go the best university BUT,,HAHA I never was serious with my school study and never felt any
(it doesn't mean I didn't try study hard)
competetive with my classmates. Funny thing I also didn't have any favorite subject but I didn't like math and science because I couldn't understand ^^;
If I would've enjoyed I was csi memeber by now.
anyothers I was just so so haha I didn't enjoy besides hanging out with my friends.
My mom realized that when I was 7.
no matter what,
I truely enjoyed my childhood in a small mountain near by our house.
We usually put 4 things for the babies and let them pick up.
1. pencil which means smart and good at studying.
2. string which means have long life
3. food which mean you will never starve!
4. Money which means you will be rich!
but babies usually want to pick the food and parents usually want their baby to pick Money..
normally you see crying babies because parents push away their hands from food and force them to pick up money haha but my parent didn't ^^

2 comments:

Kari said...

What a fun tradition! :) Are you guys going to go to Korea for Max's 1st birthday?

Alex & Jasmine said...

Yes, we are thinking about that. haha I wish sometime you and nate and me ane alex go togather just for fun!